Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LCDDI? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcoz

Programmer
Jan 30, 2003
IT
Hi to all...
I've have a problem.( sorry for my bad English!!)
So,in my firm there are persons who use a phone-line for internet-access via modem.
This is the problem for me, an my boss, 'cause too much money spent for connection.
Now, I give them a LAN connection, but somethimes there are somone who use the line for internet access jet.
How can I disable the line to modem?
I wouldn't choose NACDS, but the least cost rounting.
I know the number of the POP that they used, and then i would to block; I've think to use the exception with the command LCDDI
Witch table I must use, ENT or DNT2?
Hope yor answre
Bye
Marco

Marco,

If there is only one destination,
why don't use an entry in the Number Analyses Table?
Assign a high traff value to the number,
which will enable an escape when the net goes down.

See NADAP/NANSI/NANSE in Alex/Dynatext for the programming details.

regards,

\\Jerom

To my opinion is the LCR option not the right one, it is not the purpose of LCR to block numbers.

Call discrimination can be used for this problem using the NACDS command to filter out the number to be blocked

for example, number to be blocked = 0676075030
program this with NACDS
067607502 7 6 5 ...
0676075030 7
0676075031 7 6 5 ...
0676075032 7 6 5 ...
till
0676075039 7 6 5 ...

etc.

Harold

Hi Marcoz,

If you want to ‘block’ one or more numbers you can use NACDS or you can use LCDDI. I would recommend using NACDS. If you want to use LCR to catch numbers and redirect them to an internal destination you can have more control… e.g. you can re-route the calls to a ‘security’ digital phone and see who is call the ISP..! Or send the call to a voice recording prompt that says ‘Stop doing this type of call…’ to educate your users.

This is how to do it using LCDDI…

In the example below, 9 is the existing DEST code, 0456123456 is dialled to get the ISP.
The new DEST for you normal PSTN route will be 710, and 9 will be for LCR.

Find the existing info for DEST and NA…
RODDP:DEST=ALL;
NADAP:NUMTYP=ED;

Free the existing number in NA and set the new LCR code…
NANSE:NUMTYP=ED,NUMSE=9;

NANSI:NUMTYP=LC,NUMSE=9;
NANSI:NUMTYP=ED,NUMSE=710;

Set the Route to have a new DEST… End the existing DEST, then...
RODDI:DEST=710,ROU=1,SRT=4,ADC=xxxxxxxxx;
Copy the ADC and any others from the existing DEST.

LCR for all normal calls…
LCDDI:TAB=FDT,FRCT=1,PRE=710;
LCDDI:TAB=DNT1,ENTRY=9,TRC=1,FRCT=1;

So when an extension dials 9xxxxxxxx the MD110 will remove the 9, and then insert 710xxxxxxx. This will then go to the DEST 710, with an SRT =3 so the xxxxxxx is sent to the carrier.

This is the bit to catch ‘rogue calls’…
LCDDI:TAB=ENT,ENTRY=90456123456,TRC=11,PRE=1599;
The optional PRE parameter can be used to send the call to any destination e.g. voice mail or a digital extension 1599 in the example below.

As you can see (I hope) any dialled number that is matched in the ENT table can be TRC’d and PRE’d to achieve blocking. One of the real uses is to provide ‘Off net to On Net’ routing, when a user dials the PSTN number for a network extension.

Hi

Oops... should have said that the sequence above is not the best order to do the commands unless performed at a low traffic time. If you are going to do this during traffic then…

You should setup LCDDI tables first! (No disruption)
Then a new ED 710. (No disruption)
Then a new DEST 710. (No disruption)
Remove old DEST (No PSTN Access)
Then swap the OLD ED to be LCR Access code. (It should be OK again)

This is a better solution for keeping the switch alive.

Do you need LC to do this , you can do PRE'ing and TRC'ing by ordinary RODDI with DEST equal to the unwanted dialled number.

Hi Marcoz

I've done a "Black List" (that is to say what you are asking for) via LCR: I've used the parameter TOLL in DNT1 table (exception Table).

This parameter says to MD110 which TCD category can do a number (corresponding bit=1) and which no (bit=0).
If TOLL is all zeros, nobody can do that number.

In this way you have to configure only the numbers that you want to block.

This work is impossible to do using NACDS ... you should open the entire numbering plan of your city!

Bye
GioBs

...one of the pourpose of LCR is (also) block number.

Hi guys,
Thanx for your answer!!!!
Up for the TekTiops people!

Oh, my god! This is the beast thread I've ever seen. Thanks alot Isinor!

A very important thing I´m missing here: You have to set lcldi directly after setting the default-dest and before nansi:numtyp=lc,numse=9;
Otherwise all outgoing calls are blocked. And then isinors thread makes a lot of problems...

No, you do not have to set lcldi at all. I didnt, and outgoing calls are not blocked.

It's amatter of course to have LCLDI set when usung LCR.If you are using lalrl's solution there is no need for LCDDI:TAB=FDT and LCDDI:TAB=DNT1 in Isinor's thread.
Greetings
DUFQI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back