Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LCD Screen Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

brk1221

MIS
Jan 29, 2002
US
Hi, I'm trying to replace a busted lcd screen for a Compaq Presario CQ60. It seems there are more than one possiblities for this part. Could someone point me in the right direction? Here are the specs I have so far.

Computer:
Compaq Presario CQ60
s/n 4CB927HKVW

Screen:
15.6 "
Model No. B156XW02 V.0

Connector bottom right
No webcam

Webcam is not part of the lcd, it is separate under the bezel, and has no bearing on the replacement screen used. You can find it cheaper than on Amazon, just do a google search for the B156XW02 V.0. Also there are several manufacturers of compatible screens. But the model number if listed for a Dell, or Gateway or Compaq/HP they will all be the same screen. You will need to take the bezel apart to remove the screen, just be very careful with the cable behind the screen as it is very fragile. and the tape used to hold the cable to the connector is reused with the new screen, be careful removing it. Also there will be a section that says not to touch on the screen itself, this is where the ccfl is if it is LCD and not LED, so don't crush the bulb, just an FYI.

Thanks for the info. I placed an order for the one on Amazon. Will post results of installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back