Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LCD screen only displays 33.3% of the sceen 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

philip284

Technical User
Apr 11, 2011
US
my dell inspiron 1150 does this:

IMG_0190.JPG

with just the power connected to it:

IMG_0191.JPG

Thanks

Still can't view the images you're trying to share.

The 1150 model is from 2003, right? Might be time to upgrade! Most likely the image is smaller than the screen due to the resolution. It's probably set too high. A laptop that old probably had a native resolution of 800x600 or 1024x768. Whatever you currently have it set to, lower it. If you recently reloaded Windows, make sure you've reloaded the right video driver for the integrated GPU.

Carl

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test
a man's character, give him power.
" - Abraham Lincoln
[tab][navy]For this site's posting policies, click [/navy]here.

did you look at the pictures to view in firefox
right click link
click copy link location
paste into tab

displays just fine on external monitor

i'm running linux

i'm fixing it to be my spare

Looks like an issue with the actual display. either swap it out, stick to an external.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Behind the Web, Tips and Tricks for Web Development.

What I mean is the LCD panel looks to be busted. You can't usually repair those. If you can find a spare LCD from a junker or on ebay, you may be able to switch the panels out.

Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Behind the Web, Tips and Tricks for Web Development.

Ah, I see the images now. Yep, the horizontal line is likely from some kind of physical damage such as too much pressure applied to one side of the screen cracking a TFT layer. It's definitely not a resolution issue, that's for sure!
[tongue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back