Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Layout of number fields in CR 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvielliard

Programmer
Nov 6, 2001
FR
Hi all,
I just moved from CR 7.0 to CR 8.5.
I publish reports on the web.
When I utilized CR 7.0, layout was OK, but since I installed CR 8.5, the number fields in the smartviewer on the web are slightly upper than other fields. When I look at the preview in the designer, layout is OK.
I also tried to create a new report directly with CR 8.5 and I have the same problem.
Did someone experience this problem ?
Thank you

We have had similar problems here. I tried adjusting the position of the fields that are elevated down a bit but have since given up because it depends on the version of the viewer and seemingly the printer one is using. we have just come to the conclusion that one of the drwbacks to CR is that the output is not always consistent with the designer's intentions.

Also combining number fields with text or converting number fields to text may help in some cases. Obviously this would be impossible with some fields.

Good luck.

I found another trick which can be useful, in your TTX file, you can declare your number as string, the problem is you can't sumarize your numbers on the report unless you convert them back into number...

Gilles

I would like to add here another solution.

Actually it was at a pressure basis. The client did not accept that the numbers could be a little diordered and we had to summarize them, so we hit our heads hard ....

Right click on the designer and remove the check to 'align to Grid' ... Now pull down the number fields by 1 or 2 pixels and try it. Lo and Behold ... my client is happy

rsj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back