Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Layout Not Scaling Correct ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfoulkes

Technical User
Oct 17, 2007
US
Hi All,

I have one drawing in which dimensions in the layout paper space is correct to my model, no matter how I change the scale of the viewport. I have another file that dimensions things to the scale that they appear in the paper layout.

For example if I have a 1" block drawn to scale in model space, and my viewport is scaled 2:1, then the dimensions in the layout show 2".

I have looked thru the Dimension Style manager and they appear the same. What am I missing?

Hi mrfoulkes,

Make sure your dimensions are associative and don't have any overrides assigned to them.

HTH
Todd

Thank You,

It was that one file was not associative.

As a side question, do you use layouts for printing? Are they worth it for single part mechanical prints?

Thanks,
Rich

Hi mrfoulkes,

Yes to all of the above, once you're in the habit, it does make printing/plotting much easier in the long run - you'll never have to play with the printer/plotter settings, meaning you'll never get burned when you're in a hurry.

HTH
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back