Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

layers

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlag

Technical User
Mar 6, 2005
AU
Ok I have wrked out how to show and hide layers. But they will not show in the correct spot in th browser window. I tried to insert the layer into the table but still the picture that is displayed is not in the right spot.

How do i correct this? I am desperate!!!!

You need to position the layer, or use the swap image behaviour

[Peace][Pipe]

ok how do i position the layer?? inside the table????

look up Layer Positioning under layer properties

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

[URL unfurl="true"]http://mostarnet.com[/url]

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

that doesnt help me! i can position the layer but i cant get it to stay inside the table. Even if i put it where i want unless it is in the table on different browswers the information i have inside the layer will be pasted somewhere/anywhere on the page.

Please be more specific

First of ...it should be placed with respect to your code Not the page....so if the layer needs to be in the middle of the page then make sure that the code for the layer is also placed respectivly.

then consider playing with css options that you like

=================snip from DW========
Absolute places the layer using the coordinates entered in the Placement boxes relative to the upper-left corner of the page.

Relative places the layer using the coordinates entered in the Placement boxes relative to object’s position in the text flow of the document. This option is not displayed in the Document window.

Static places the layer at its location in the text flow.

====================

All the best!

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

[URL unfurl="true"]http://mostarnet.com[/url]

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back