Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

layer styles not showing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz435

Instructor
Dec 13, 2006
US
I'm using Photoshop CS I. I'm applying an outer glow to white text on a black background, but the glow is not showing on the document. No matter what layer style I apply to the layer, any text layer in this document actually, it still won't show. The visability eye in the layers pallet is there, but it is light gray instead of black. Any suggestions?

Do you have Preview checked in the effects window?

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Yes, I have the preveiw box check. It shows up in the effects window's preview box, but the text in the actual document is not changing as I change the effect settings in the window. After I click OK, the layers pallette shows that an effect is on that layer, but nothing changed, visably, and the "visability eye" is gray, not solid black. I even over exagerated the effect to make sure that it just wasn't too light, but got the same result.
At first I thought it was just a temporary glitch so I reopened Photoshop but that didn't work. I've dragged the text into a different document and suddenly the effects show up. I didn't know if anybody would know of a setting that accidently got turned on or off.

...look at the word 'effect' above your created style in the layer, it will need an eye too, click to the left of the text 'effect'. If there isn't two eyes (one for 'effect' and one for 'outer glow') showing the effect won't be visible in the doc...

Andrew

...the other way is to just click on that grey eye you mention to enable the layer style in the document view, two eyes should then be visible...

Andrew

...if all this fails, go to layer > layer style > show all effects...

Andrew

Thank you so much! It worked when I selected show all effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back