Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Launch script when user logs in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinney

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2004
US
How can I force a script to run when a user logs in?

- Stinney

Favorite all too common vendor responses: "We've never seen this issue before." AND "No one's ever wanted to use it like that before.

I got it to work, sorry for the post.

- Stinney

Favorite all too common vendor responses: "We've never seen this issue before." AND "No one's ever wanted to use it like that before.

Stinney,

I'm guessing that somebody is going to have the same question in the future. Can you post your solution to the issue? As you've probable figured out already, there are several ways to accomplish what you have done.

Thanks!

Well depending on what kind of script you want. I usually put them in /etc/dt/config/Xsession.d

I changed the users shell to the path of the directory and file in the passwd file.

- Stinney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back