Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Launch IE window setting attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navitas

Programmer
Jul 20, 2004
GB
Hi,

I'm trying to get my vb.net app to launch an IE window and set particular attributes - such as size, toolbars & scroll bars turned off etc. Basically all the power you have in the Javascript window.open() method.

Is it possible to do this in .net?

Cheers

Me too.

I need a full screen IE windows to open directly from my windows form button.

Would it possible to write a class in jscript.net and then use that class in your vb project?

I will keep searching......

I didn't know there was such a thing as JScript.Net. wild. Anyways, one option would be to use an AXWebBrowser to display a static html string that was the java script to open your new window. There may also be some other way to do it though command line arguements for IE, but I'm not sure.

-Rick

VB.Net Forum forum796 forum855 ASP.NET Forum
[monkey]I believe in killer coding ninja monkeys.[monkey]

right. got it. Cheers Rick for the inspiration.

use a shell command to open "iexplore.exe [web address/page] -k"

The -k switch opens internet explorer in "kiosk" mode. Full screen no borders nothing. The only way to close the window is Alt-F4 or with a button the webpage in question.

I know its not setting attributes exactly but it´s fairly useful.

Ad

better method is this

process.start("iexplore","-k [file or webpage]")

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back