Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Launch Form in web using lotusscript

Status
Not open for further replies.

slpeter

Programmer
Mar 6, 2003
SG
hi everybody...i am quite new to notes..i wanted to know... is there a way i can launch a form in web using lotusscript agent.. and in that form's field i want to put some values thru this lotus script agent...pls reply to this...

thanx in advance...

If I remember correctly, you could use something like:

Print "[/test.nsf/testform?openform]"

it will open the "testform" in the browser via a lotusscript agent. To use this method, you still have to create a form first.

On the other hand, you could consider creating a HTML form instead, all you have to do is:

Print &quot;<form>........</form>&quot;

and use print statement to output all the HTML element in the form.

For the second part about putting values, I need to understand exactly what you meant to do. I guess you might be able to use cgi variable to pass some values in the agent and process it.

Hope it helps... Vincent Liu

I think me and slpeter both have same problem,on my part i want to view forms from my NOTES database using ASP.NET,what additional codes or process will i add to make my forms or NSF web enabled,im using R5.

Please help, and Thank you very much.

Richard

thanx a lot potatoegg..regarding my second part of the question..my requirement was to fetch a value from the database and put it in the field of a form, while launching the form using lotusscript in browser as a default value.....
i did used some workaround and solved the problem..but still eager to know whether it can be done by lotusscript...

My apology of not replying in the last few days.....Getting pretty busy with work....Here is my attempt 2...

I am not a particular expert in .NET, so I apologise for not able to give you the full picture on how this could be done.

There is one question to both of you, why are you both using agents? Domino documents and forms could be access directly using URL in specific formats.

I guess both of you just need to know how to get document and open forms using Domino and I think the following is a handy document that refer to how to use different component like forms, views, documents via HTTP from Domino from IBM LDD. The URL is:

It's a bit old and it is only for R5, but I think it should be enough to start and for more details, refer to help in Domino.

chardulce:
- I guess you will need a view create (says &quot;lookup&quot;) with the document key sorted and exist in the first column (e.g. 123). To open the document, all you need to do is:

slpeter:
- I guess you need to use cgi variables to pass the value to the agent. e.g.

If you are opening form directly:

There should be a field call Query_String(hidden) in the form and you could use extract the parameter and put it as a default value in your field, you might need to using WebQueryOpen agent to do that.

If you are using agent:

The parameter will store as context document, you could retrieve the context document by:

Dim session as New NotesSession
Dim context as NotesDocument
Set context = session.DocumentContext

and the field will be called Query_String as well and you could refer to it by

context.QueryString(0)

Hope it helps.

Vincent Liu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back