Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Launch BO from a VB exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilRP

MIS
Aug 27, 2003
GB
Hi all,

I wish to launch Business Objects from a VB6 executable.
I need to pass in the UserID & password from user input and therefore want to bypass the startup prompt. I know I can use the command line, but if the password is incorrect then I get the prompt up.

I want to recognise the login hasn't worked and end the BO session ready to try again, but am not sure how.

Alternatively, can I use the Business Objects Object Library within VB to carry out this process - if so can anyone point me in the direction of help files/sample code/ etc for this library.

Many Thanks.
Neil

for that you need to have report writer(?!) dll or something

You need to license BO SDK, there you'll find docs and samples, there is also a tool (something like a report launcher) from an old user conference available on BO's site.

Stick to your guns

Hi,

here a few fragments, you could need:

1) link Bussiness Objects into your project

Dim bo As busobj.Application
Dim boDoc As busobj.Document

Set bo = CreateObject("BusinessObjects.Application")
bo.LoginAs
Set boDoc = bo.Documents.Open("c:\myBoFile.rep")
boDoc.Refresh

sincerly
farhy

farhy,

Thanks - a step forward, but I still cannot trap the error if the logon details are incorrect.

Cheers,
Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back