Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

launch attachement 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

faxof

Programmer
Dec 5, 2001
GB
hi all

is there any way to force an attechment to launch when users open the email?

quizzed

faxof

I don't know if there is or not, but I would think that this would be the last thing you want to do. Just look at any anti-virus company's website to see how many viruses are spread by attachments to e-mails.

I always insist that users detach attachments so that my anti-virus software can check the attachment properly before it is launched. In fact, if I could find a way to disable the Launch function, I would do it!

good point
but it's quite necessary to launch this batch file to delete a folder from the users' c:\ root.

the email is only being sent to people who rewuire it with the company and cannot be forwarded

any suggestions?

It is possible to run a script when people open it. But you need to use a special form (copy from th memo form) and send this with the email. Then you can put a script in the Open Form query. Wih lotusscript you can create the batch file as well (so a attachment is not needed), or maybe you can do the action (delete the folder) direct.

A better solution is to use a Button with the script, so a user knows what happend.

A 'problem' can be the ECL on the users workstation....

===========
Visit: htt://NotesSupport.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back