Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lauch java application over the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephenbruceburch

Technical User
Jun 1, 2002
US
I created a java application for school that acts as a front end for an oracle database. the only way I can think of to show it to my teacher is to bring my computer in. I would like to run the application from the school computers via the internet if it is possible. I have my computer set up as a web server running IIS. While searching the forum I noticed someone said you could create a JSP to run the application. I'm sort of short on time and money, but if there is a fairly simple way to accomplish this I would like to do it. I am using JBuilder 6 EE and I have dreamweaver MX. I also downloaded the Borland Enterprise Server app Server, but I have no idea how to use that. Any help or directions toward help would be greatly appreciated.

I can't just zip up the java application because it connects to the oracle database. And I can't load Oracle at the school. So my program wouldn't run when I got it there.

Hi there.

If I'm reading your post correctly, this you ONLY need to present the program for marking/demoing (and not some sort of permanent deployment).

How about a non-Java solution? Have you considered using some remote access program? Like VNC (which is free, or PCAnywhere, etc.

The nice thing about VNC is it has a built in Java viewer, and a no-install client (I think). The only trick might be getting past the school's firewall.

LC Check out my irrelevant personal website:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back