Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Latest SU & Desktop patches for Rel 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccarmock

Technical User
Oct 23, 2005
GB
Still waiting for Avaya to fix access now patches have moved out of ESPL.

Can anyone tell me the version of latest Rel 6 BCM 50 patches both SU & Desktop please?

Hello Clive

They haven't been updated for some time now.

The Desktop patch is still issue 004 and the System patch is 017

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

I just went into espl and the BCM patches are still there in same place they've always been.

If you select a given patch and scroll down there is a note to say you have to go to PLDS for them now....

Not sure what to tell you. I can go in there and select any system and release and get the patches as far back as release 2.0

What happens if you actually try to download one from ESPL?

I can browse to them, on espl but if for instance I select BCM 50, and Rel 6 and then click on the latest SU show and scroll right down that's where I see a note to say it's move to PLDS

Right you are. I went to the plds page and can't log in even though I do have plds access.

I opened a ticket with Avaya and they'll fix it.....hopefully!

You might have to do the same. They have issues when you don't access their systems for extended periods of time.

Thanks for trying... I have PLDS access (which took forever for them to fix) but then it says no entitlements for BCM yet everything else works fine.

Initially they told me BCM - that's on ESPL! :)

I'm in the same predicament.. I've almost given up trying to get access to BCM entitlements in PLDS...
It can't be this hard to d/l software... The reply from Avaya was a joke..

"I have replicated your search for software but having the Avaya all-downloads entitlement enable and could not find any download. This means that under this parameters of search
no software can be retrieved.

If you happen to know the download ID or the file name or the software description of what you are trying to download
please forward it to me and I will check. Otherwise
please consider to run another search with different parameters."

The job was closed before I could reply...

:)

I have access but how or what do you enter to find the patches?

I have had access to the ESPL for almost 20 years and when I go to the PLDS it says I don't. I emailed them and called them and I got the runaround.

What for? If you know what the resolution is, why don't you post it here?

The problem is that PLDS works VIA entitlements. If the site you are working on has a Avaya Services agreement it will be a linked account and will show up under your list of entitlements. So, if the site you are working on does not have a Avaya Services contract then you will have to download the Updates using another customers entitlement.

Example. Customer A has a Maint. Agreement with our company and as part of that we purchase a Avaya Services contract. customer A will now show up in our list of linked accounts with entitlements in PLDS. From here I can download any software for that system including Updates. Customer B who does not have a service agreement needs a Update to resolve an issue. The only way to get it is to go to PLDS and download the update from another linked account such as Customer A.

I am paraphrasing and this may not be exact but I have had to do this 3 or 4 times and once I have downloaded any updates we save them on our server so that PLDS is not needed each time we have to load a update. ESPL was much easier but it is what it is.

So it appears like Firebird is just trying to give other another avenue of getting their updates.

By the way, the lates updates via PLDS are as follows.

SU is at 19 and desktop is still at 4.

I've been on the ESPL site today under the BCM 50 release 6.0 section and can only see the following below.

BCM PEP ID Type Release Status Category Platform Release Date

BCM050.R600.SU.System-017 SU 6.0 RELEASED GEN BCM50 10-APR-2013

Title BCM050.R600.SU.System-017.201304

BCM050.R600.SU.Desktop-004 SU 6.0 RELEASED GEN BCM50 15-APR-2013

Title BCM050.R600.SU.Desktop-004.201304

Is there another release that I don't know about?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler

They have moved software to plds.avaya.com for anything new now for BCM.....

ESPL will only show the Updates that were there prior to moving to PLDS. PLDS has all current updates.

From PLDS today.

BCM050.R600.SU.System-019.201312
BCM050.R600.SU.Desktop-004.201304

BCM450.R600.SU.System-019.201312
BCM450.R600.SU.Desktop-004.201304

I've now been onto the PLDS site and have downloaded many patches that I wasn't aware that had been released for the BCM 50 RELEASE 6.0.

BCM050.R600.CALLPILOTDESKTOPMESSAGING-126-1.zip
BCM050.R600.SU.System-019.201312-1.zip
BCM050.R600.CALLPILOTDESKTOPMESSAGING-64BIT-125-2.zip
BCM050.R600.CORE-TELEPHONY-128-1.zip
BCM050.R600.DHCP-PROVIDER-127-1.zip

As stated above, there are also many new patches for the 450 / 50 at 5.0 and 6.0

All the best

Firebird Scrambler

Interesting info on Avaya site.

BTW telcodog I think FB was offering the patch itself and not a resolution.

I hope to update the latest patches list in our FAQ's section next week.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back