Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Latest Stable CatOS, IOS combo for 6509

Status
Not open for further replies.

markpower

MIS
Jun 4, 2003
GB
Hi. Always have a nightmare when I come round to this. I have popped into a new buiness and they are running Catalyst 6509 with CatOS 6.3(9) and IOS 12.1(11b)E1, on MSFC1 and SUP1. Any links to find the latest stable setup? Or anyone on something a tad more recent?! All the best.

'Never play leapfrog with a unicorn'

Hi Markpower,

I regards to your question I am running two 6509's in my enterprise and we are running several around the world. As it stands right now the most stable release combo we have found thus far has been:

CAT OS 6.4.1
IOS 12.1(3a)E4

Keep in mind that I am running a sup 2 engine but I hope this helps. We have a fairly large QA environment and have played around with some of the newer releases. However for the time being that combination seems to be the most stable for us right now and we have the two switches running in a pretty complex network scheme with no problems.

Hope that helps,
Justin

6.4(3)was recently annouced as GD (General Deployment). This basically means it has been well tested in the real world.

For the MSFC there's a version named "safe harbor". This should be the most stable release. Latest I believe is 12.1(8b)E14

See here:

Much appreciated guys. I shall do a bit of QA of my own. All the best.

'Never play leapfrog with a unicorn'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back