Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Latest NRU Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjcom

Technical User
Feb 15, 2005
CA
what is the latest NRU software to use?
I have NRU 10, will this be good to use with older systems like the 8X24?

Thanks

HELLO ,

Somewhere here I saw a post that actually said that a certain
level of DR5 SP had to be programmed to make the Norstar Manager work with the 8x24 .

My system is 8x24-DS / DR5 SP 36MUH05 / RTP 30GBG03 .

Does anyone here know what Norstar Manager Version works with this system and also WIN98SE ?

BTW , I also am trying to install a Call Pilot 100 for Voice Mail .

Thanks in Advance !

Ken TArver

Brian ,

I am having the actual opposite experience than the one you describe . I have the Call Pilot hooked up and it seems to work and neither the NRU or the Norstar managerwill work with my 8x24.

Do you know HOW the Call Pilot doesn't work with DR5 ?

It has two modes of operation , one is Call Pilot mode and the other is Norstar mode . It started up inCall Pilot mode and I have been testing it . It auto answers incoming lines and stores voice mails . What else is there ? I just don'tknow what to look for , I guess.

Thanks !

Ken Tarver

Ken,

You may find problems with transferring of phone calls from the auto attendant to the correct destination, especially when call forwarding is programmed. If the Call Pilot is doing all that you need it to, then great. My experience has been that a Call Pilot usually will not finish booting up on a DR5 system. Be sure to test all modes of transfer regarding the Call Pilot to see that there are no issues.

NRU will not work with DR5. I've never had problems connecting with Norstar Manager, so I would guess there is a problem with your setup of the software or the RAD you're using.

Brian Cox

Brian ,

What Voice Maile system do you recommend for 8x24-ds / dr5 ?

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back