Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Latest cluster patch: can it be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vut

Technical User
Nov 18, 2004
GB
Dear Experts,

I have installed the latest Solaris 8 cluster patch in to a application server, since then the machine boots normally but when reaches the console the keyboard becomes inactive and the screen goes off, however I am able to work in the machine through Exceed.

If you one try to remote login to the server from another machine it does not allow, the only message is about the dtlogin, the server is a Ultra 60.

Please help me to resolve this issue as many depend on the server.

Kind regards,
Vut

What exactly is the message? Did any of the patches report problems - see the useful FAQ60-2530 for an explanation of the exit codes.

Not measure codes namely 5 and 25, most of them could not finishe installing them because it was giving a message about the /usr beeing full.

Maybe that's your answer then. Clear some space in /usr and/or expand it to a suitable size?

I recently had a similar problem, pl. look at thread60-1104777

Best Regards, Franz
--
Solaris System Manager from Munich, Germany
I used to work for Sun Microsystems Support (EMEA) for 5 years in the domain of the OS, Backup and Storage

daFfrenze,

I have managed to install all the patches but, the problem is still there, any other ideas out there?

Rgds,
vut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back