Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Late binding of MTS components in Delphi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotar

Programmer
Jan 9, 2001
SI
Can someone explain how to use late binding tecnique for accessing MTS objects (from remote machine) in Delphi?

I can do with early binding, but as far as I know (from discussion on this site), this is not the best solution for accessing and using MTS objects.

Thanks,
Frenk

Suppose you use TDCOMConnection to connect to MTS component

with DCOMConnection do
try
Connected := True;
AppServer.MyMethod(...); //late binding
finally
Connected := False;
end;
I think late-binding is flexible but not high performance!

Regards!

I want to emigrate Canada or Australia. Any relative information you supplied will be appreciated!

zallen@cmmail.com

Is any possibility to do work without TDCOMConnection (I assume, that this component is a part of Delphi Enterprise)

You can use windows API instead of TDCOMConnection.But it is not easy to use as TDCOMConnection.See TDCOMConnection's source code in D5 enterprise version to figure it out.

Regards!

I want to emigrate Canada or Australia. Any relative information you supplied will be appreciated!

zallen@cmmail.com

How to change between interfaces in late binding? (our componenth have a 3 interfaces)

One component and one interface(default) is a good solution.

Under your situation you can user QueryInterface to locate the interface you want.Because the IUnknown must be implemented by all COM components.
But in this way you shoud register the component so late binding doesnot work :(

Maybe i am wrong !

zallen@cmmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back