Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Last record

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielcan

Technical User
Jul 6, 2007
CA
Good day gentlemen and ladies

Again thank you for all your great wisdom.

Here is one of my last problem in my roster entry project.

Here is the breakdown : basically the top of the form is the employee district, name and detachment and availibility status.
At the bottom of the form you have the calendar and the time entry drop box.

when you click the next it saved the record and clear the top form fields.
I do I get the top part of the forms to reload with the last record, district, member, detachment and availibility when I click the next button.

I have tried a subform, linking timesheet and roster member table but still the top always clears. I tried going for a last record function but again it does not count it as a new record. I hope it is not too confusing.

Are "the employee district, name and detachment and availibility status" all fields from your 'roster member' table?

Are the time entries in a separate table 'timesheet'?

If they are, and you've linked the 2 tables via some sort of 'memberID' field, you could show details from the member table in a form, and add a linked subform which shows the records from the timesheet table.

Then you can keep adding time entries for the same member in the subform.

Does that sound like what you're after?

Max Hugen
Australia

That is exactly what I am looking to do.

I tried separating the members which = [district][members][detachment] and [availibility status].

And than make a timesheet with all the date code.

I linked the two table via the id numbers (autonumber). But the members field goes away and I have to reenter it.

would a select from statement be more simple???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back