Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Last column of data is cut off in application accessed via Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssnowflake

Technical User
May 29, 2001
US
I have one (and only one) user who is having this problem. I am with an ASP and he is accessing our application via the ICA Citrix client and is then logged into Terminal Server. When he runs reports and sends them to the screen a portion of the last column of data is cutting off. It appears to be a little less than half of an inch. It is not the application because he is the only one having the problem. He is using a local printer when he sends the reports to a printer and it does not cut off when it goes to the printer (HP DeskJet 722). Any ideas?

I recently had a similar problem where the icon properties were totally grayed out! And the wierd thing was, it only happened in Citrix and not in ANY other apps. on the system. Anyhow, after much contemplation and puzzlement, I found the type of video card(matrox) being used was the cause. Hope this helps...

This looks very curious - do these also happen in a Terminal Server connection?

Yes it is a Terminal Server environmnent.

I meant via a Terminal Server (RDP) client, as opposed to a Citrix (ICA) Client.

If the symptoms remain the same, then at least we can rule out the Citrix software and focus more on the O/S.

I'd suspect the printer driver on this one.

Maybe the user doesn't have correct permissions, if certain functionality is greyed out, MagasIMS? Or, more likely, maybe the client driver doesn't match the Terminal Server one.

Hope this helps

Oops. Sorry about that ... no he is using Citrix ICA. I have considered blowing away his profile and starting from scratch, but I hate to have the user loose all their settings. I think its a workstation/printer issue and its hard to remotely determine the solution.

The HP colour deskjets are fairly notorious.

Here's one to try;

Edit the wtsuprn.inf to make the HP 722 (description from the client machine) = HP DeskJet 690C (I have, at least, seen this driver working under T/S!).

Hope this helps

I agree the print drivers need looking into. Snowflake, you might also try just the plain deskjet driver. It works for most of our deskjet printers. Hope this helps.

Hi,

Have similar problem with screen resolution. I publish an application in 800x600 and some client connect to metaframe in less that 800x600, so they can't see all the application.

You can monitor your user via Citrix Administration and see the information about the user for the screen resolution.

The only solution that we have is to put the client's desktop in more than 800x600.

If your client ICA is configure in SEAMLESS it does not append because the application take all the monitor, but again, other problem arise. Marc Brisson, CCA
Medisolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back