Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

laserjets & borderless printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Aug 23, 2005
US
hello all.

I'm interested in getting a little information about the differences between an injet and a laserjet output for color photos. Of course the inkjet will always give the best color results, but i'm looking for the efficiency and economy that a laser can provide over time. I'm really thinking of transfering over to the laser, but i'm not sure if any current models have borderless printing. These color images are not extremely detailed. I'm basically outputing scanned images of my water color paintings, which obviously does not require the best of the best quality. However, these are going to be sold as greeting/gift cards, so the quality should be that of a finished "hallmark". Essentially my question is this:

Could a laserjet provide the right quality for the job, or should i go ahead and buy a crate or two of ink cartridges for this inkjet? LOL!

Does anyone know of a color laserjet w/ at least 1200 dpi & borderless printing?

I appretiate all/any assistance in this matter.

Thanks,

Prince Humperdink

Without bashing HP, some xerox color laser products have a high DPI and have a full bleed feature. (borderless) but the price of the printer is very high. I would check out the Phaser 6360 or the 7300 series

David Drury
Northeast Laser Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back