Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laserjet 4550 Colors are not Printing Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanropp

IS-IT--Management
Jun 27, 2001
US
For some reason, all my grays in my documents are coming out tope with a green shade. Anyone have any clue? I played around with the color calibration settings but no luck.

Thanks,
Ryan

If I were you I would check that the drivers are the correct ones for the printer and, if they are, then try a new cartridge see if that fixes it
Hope this helps

Well it just started happening so I'm sure the drivers are fine. Which cartridge should I check, there are 4 of them :)??

check the driver for color setting a program may have change the settings

gunthnp

Open Drum drawer. Remove Drum. Clean density sensor on the front-inside edge of the drawer.
The carousel cartridge sensors may also be dirty. Remove top cover, left cover and blow out the two green sensor boards in middle of unit. It really pays to keep these unit CLEAN! They are messy, and that has a lot to do with problems.

Addendum: Remove each tone. there is a light pipe in each one, blow out and replace toners. Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back