Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laserjet 2100 - factory reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

hereigns

MIS
Sep 17, 2002
US
I'm trying to setup a HP 2100 on a W2K Prof. spk4 box via parallel connection. I downloaded/installed the latest drivers from HP. I can connect to the printer after installing the drivers - status is ready. Sent a test print job from the printer and from a word document neither job shows in the print monitor.

I double-checked to ensure the paper size and type are correct. I reseated the paper, paper in all trays.
I printed a configuration page which shows the MP Tray = FIRST. If my memory serves me correctly the fix for this is to do a factory reset on the printer which should set the INTRAY1=FIRST instead of the multi-purpose tray. Which I attempted by turning the printer off and turned the printer back on while holding the Cancel button for 5-20 seconds after the LEDs came back on. After doing this procedure 3-4 times with no luck, MP Tray is still first, I gave up.

Any ideas you might have would be appreciated. Thanks.

The MP tray is the default tray, and I do not think you can change it. Nor do I think the problem is the printer. Check to make sure you do not have the printer paused in the priter monitor. If the green light is falshing on the printer, then the job was sent to the printer, otherwise the printer never recieved the job.

Donald Broda
Vice President

If you wanna use a different tray (or paper) as the default, just "install" the printer as many times as you have paper trays.
Then for each "printer" setup different default trays.
When printing, its easier to select the correct printer AND tray in one click, rather than fiddling thru all those clumsy clickety clack windoze printer menus just to select the right paper.
HTH.
- BG
Or if you prefer, use a cups print server to the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back