Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Large Log Files on 3300?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wythefan

Technical User
May 20, 2009
US
I have a trouble ticket with Mitel for an unrelated problem in which they told me to send them system log files....to my amazement they were 29 Meg(had to send via FTP)....most times they are 7 meg Tech support said I probably had some type of debug turned on....he wouldn't tell me what it might be...(don't know if he could). I don't remember turning on any type of debug...may have or could have been another tech. What should I look at? Any help would be appreciated.

from Maintenance issue command " debug disable sastats"

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

Log files roll over after a set number of logs (5000). The size of the file will depend on the type of logs generated. Logs with a lot of text will obviously create a larger file.

Below is what I tried....however the the command is not valid when i type it as a Maintenance Command. Should it be done in the Shell Console?

To disable SASTATS collection
Enter DEBUG DISABLE SASTATS in the Maintenance Commands form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back