Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Large file Reportersvc.log on C: drive 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmobberley

Technical User
Oct 16, 2002
GB
We have a Windows 2003 Server (Standard) with Symantec System Center Console v 10.1.4000.4

In the folder- c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Reporting Agents\Win32

there is a file called 'ReporterSvc.log' which at present is over 250MB big. This is a problem now as the hard drive is low on space and I assume there must be some way to clear the offending log file. I've looked through (what seems like) every config page and option I can find, but there is no reference to this file.

I googled it and virtually no mention of the file there either.

Does anyone know how to reduce or clear this logfile?

Thanks in advance!

I am having the same problem - the file was using too much space on my C: drive

I stopped the "Reporting Agents" service first then I moved the reportersvc.log file to another drive (in case I still needed it) - then I restarted the service - it made a smaller file - now I have more room on my C: drive.

Once I sure everything is OK I am going to delete the moved file.

Hope this is of some help to you.

That sounds promising, I will give it a try.

Thanks..

any other thoughts on this? i have the same issue... this file is too big and i need to move it off the c drive.

I followed Geektechs advice and it worked well for me

To fix this problem I configured Log Reader (computer status) reporting agent. By default its set to pole the server and clients status every 1 minute and keep the log for 7 days. To get to it open Symantec Security Center and log in to the reporting services. Then click Admin - Agent Configuration, and then change "Delete Logs After" from 7 days to whatever you want, and then change the "Run Every" option if you want. All I changed was "Delete Logs After" to 1 day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back