Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

computercare

Technical User
Sep 18, 2001
US
I am trying to remove the cover from my Gateway Solo laptop. I would like to check to see what damage I did when I dropped it. I have no POST and no video, but it is getting power to the HD, floppy and CD. I removed the battery, floppy and the HD. I also removed all of the screws that I can, but I can't seem to get the case open.
Thanks in advance for any advice !!!!

You probably should not attempt to open the laptop, as they are not meant to be worked on by anyone but professionals, there are many circuits and parts that are not like a normal desktop, and can cause a nasty ZAP if approached incorrectly. As a network and systems technician, I would advise AGAINST doing so.

I agree with Enigma666 - this job should only be tackled by someone who is either very brave, or is being paid to do it!

That said, it should not be beyond the capability of someone who is careful and methodical. Look for hidden screws under labels, feet etc.

Good luck!

ROGER - GØAOZ.

Here's a link to an almost identical post a little while back.

thread602-109693

Hope it helps.

! Caution !
All letters typed above are the direct result of staring at computer screens for extended periods of time and the consuption of massive quantities of caffeine. Beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back