Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

laptop 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

scalie

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2003
ZA
I am connecting my laptop to my tv using the s-video cable, to watch a movie which I have on my laptop.
Everything works, sound, etc except that I do not see the picture on the movie(on the tv)...It works on my laptop..
ANy suggestions...

Do you really have Windows NT server on your laptop, i'm gonn a think no, and assume you have Windows XP or 2000. You need to go into display properties and set the TV to be the primary display.

If you need more help post back.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

On your Laptop you might have a short-cut (function key) that allows you to change the view to three different setting. Laptop Screen, External Monitor, or both. Usually the hot keys are something like "fn + F3" Check you manual. I have done this with an external monitor on my laptop, which uses dvi not s-video. Should be similar on your system.

Good luck...

Sorry, I do have windows XP _SP2.
Thanks, I have made the TV primary display and it works, but I see the laptop display doesn't work.

Does this mean that I can have only one display at a time.
Is there any way I can have dual display??

Your laptop probably has a function key that can switch between internal and/or external screens. On mine, it's acessed using Fn+F5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back