Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laptop switches to battery after docking station fritz

Status
Not open for further replies.

theannihilator

Technical User
Nov 5, 2003
US
Please help!!! A client of mine uses his acer laptop on a docking station and the docking station started acting weird a couple of weeks ago. The usb mouse goes dead and the laptop switches to battery after 30 mins of operation, but it does not always happen. When i went over to company, i had played with the docking station. everything is securely connected and all that good stuff, but i had unpluged the power cord and pluged it back in. the exact thing that has been happening while the docking station was pluged in before. the mouse went dead and the laptop switched to battery and never switched back to outlet. Can someone tell me wat is going on here please?!

i suppose its the internal psu (dock). does it get hot, is there a cooling fan in the dock, is it clean, can the heat flow easily out........

it does not hot from what i felt. but that would not explain y it would just start up 2 weeks ago. He has been using it for at least 7 month (how long i been working with the client). The internal PSU going bad could explain it but the keyboard and monitor worked after i unpluged it and pluged it back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back