Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

laptop question

Status
Not open for further replies.

user9876

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2003
CA
What is the ribbon cable that connects the screen to the main part of the laptop. It seems to slide into the computer, but mine doesn't seem to be. It is an ibm laptop.

What is the ribbon called and what is it connected to, I see that it is connected to the screen part and seems to slide into the laptop part as the screen is opened. I am trying to figure out what is wrong, but can't seem to locate what it is called.

it connects the LCD to the motherboard...to reconnect you have to take the cover off of the bottom part and find the interface where it connects

it's probaby called the video cable. Maybe called the monitor/screen cable.

keep in mind, most cables will only fit into one connector, it's actually pretty hard to connect most cables up to the wrong connector. And the cable that connects the screen to the inside of the laptop case will probably be obvious where it goes if you get the case open. Just be very careful when opening the laptop case and working on the inside, even if just plugging in a video cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back