Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LAPTOP - Old Toshiba PC CardBus Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasteegroove

Programmer
Mar 6, 2003
US
Hey all, I know this probably shouldn't go in this category, but I'm in desperate need of help. I am working on an old Toshiba laptop, a Satellite 325CDS system. I have reloaded Windows 95 and have download/installed the sound, video, and usb drivers from Toshiba's website as well. The problem I'm having is trying to get the PCMCIA slots working to detect my Xircom 56kbps PC card modem. Win95 detects and supposedly installed the driver for the PCMCIA, but it does not detect drivers for the PC Card Services nor for two PCI CardBus Bridge devices. Hence, the PCMCIA applet shows in Control panel and in the system tray, but no card are being detected. I've tried installing Win95's PCMCIA drivers through the hardware wizard, but with no luck. I also have yet to find any PC card downloads on the Toshiba website. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated! The Toshiba Win95 is running OSR2. Thanks in advance

I came across the same thing a while back,Is there anything listed in device manager for PCMCIA? if there is then update the driver,or remove PCMCIA and restart and it will find the ports.Are there any modems installed allready,look under device man,and remove them aswell before restart.

I think I just settled for a standard modem as this seemed to work on my machine,Mine has a Xircom credit card modem.

Another thing,if you have win 95b you might be able you use the win98 drivers.There on the tosh website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back