Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laptop Monitor Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Ok I just installed QBasic 4.5 on a low-pentium IBM thinkpad laptop. For some reason when I envoke the various screen modes (12 and 13 for example) the graphics do not extend to the outer edge of the monitor. There is like an imaginary 640x480 (scr. 12) box in the center! I want those modes to occupy the full screen, of course. How do I do that? Do I need to do something with an SVGA library? How do those work?

Thanks
the_Edge

Hi the_edge

I have a ThinkPad 600, and if you want any program running at 800x600 or 640x480 to run in full-screen then you press & hold the function-key ("FN" I think), then press F8 (or one of the buttons around there anyway) and the display will expand to fill the screen.
However, because it's only an expanded view of the current resolution it is somewhat distorted/pixelated, also it doesn't seem to work under some full-screen programs, but works excellently under DOS or many Windows programs.
I don't think there's any other way to do it either through programming or whatever, it seems to be a standard feature with XGA laptop displays.
The other thing you could do would be to drop the screen resolution down to 512x384 (it's not that much different from 640x480), and this is the only other resolution that will run full screen.
Hope this helps.

All the best,
GAV
#-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back