Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laptop does not boot up in Dock

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosena

MIS
Feb 13, 2004
US
One of our users has a Dell Latitude L400 laptop with a Docking Station. If she boots the laptop up in the docking station, it gets stuck on the Dell splash screen and does not boot any further. If she boots it up out of the dock, it boots up fine and works with no problems once it is put back in the dock.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

The docking station probably has a built-in network interface card and infrared port, among other things. Have you loaded all the drivers for the docking station? If not, go to Dell's web site and go to the support area. You can enter the laptop's service tag number (bottom of laptop, located on the white label with UPC code) and entering it. You can then access all the downloads for that particular laptop.

All of the drivers should be loaded already. This has not always been an issue, only the last few days. It worked fine for two years before this.

Thanks.

Had this problem.....cant remember......I think it was a firmware or bios thing.It was related to the laptop itself.. .....maybe that will help you...also make sure, (I KNOW, youve heard it already) that ALL drivers are properly updated...sometimes microsoft updates mangle the already-installed drivers....never assume everything is the same because it worked yesterday!!!!

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius

Thank you for your reply. I have resolved this issue. I do not remember exactly what I did, but it is working now.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back