Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laptop backlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylebellamy

Programmer
Jan 24, 2002
US
Anyone know how easy/difficult it is to obtain a new lamp for a laptop? I have a KDS 671XH that I got about 2 years ago and it is great... right untill this and I find out that KDS no longer supports them. SO, I'm going to open it up and get the lamp out and see if I can find markings indicating the maker.

Just wondered if anyone else tried this. I'm actually looking foreward to opening it... never worked on a laptop befor so this should be fun.

You may find that it is the connector to the back light rather than the back light itself. These connections can be cleaned and are also cheaper to replace than a back light. The back light itself is also fairly easy to change although I have never tried to source one from part numbers written on it. Good luck and have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back