Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lanpak in use without client being open 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalterHeisenberg

Technical User
Mar 28, 2008
Hello,

I am trying to do a dataload to test databse but get an error that Accpac needs exclusive access. When I look at lanpak users, it says there is an open connection to the database in question. The user logged however is an admin (which limits the possible people to 2) and neither of us have the client open. Furthermore, if I check the SQL activity monitor there are no SQL connections to the database. Does anyone know how to free up a lanpak license when it is showing in use in error?

We're running Accpac 5.6 PU2 on SQL server 2008 r2.

Just worth noting, I took the SQL database offline and brought it up back online to ensure all connections were dropped as well as confirm there were no processes open via SQL activity monitor.

Thanks Tuba. I am guessing I would need all users out of all companies in order to do this?

Just to share final results, I ended up not having to delete either file. Attempted to do so but got a file lock error. Checked the open files and sure enough there was a lock on SEMAPHOR.bin. Fixing the lock fixed the logged in users and now I can do the database load. Thanks Tuba for pointing me in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back