Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Language

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patbeau

Programmer
Apr 7, 2003
CA
Hi,
What is the best solution for storing Language ? Querystring, Session, Cookie. Maybe I could also use URLRewriter with naming in French and in English?

Im trying to best solution for the server performance and I want it to work on any browser.

Thank you,
patrice

What kind of language?

Chip H.

My web application has to be in French and in English. Also, im coding in C#.

All your text should be stored in resource DLLs that are coded by the locale name (en-US, fr-FR, fr-CA, etc).

A good book to have is "Writing International Software" from Microsoft Press.

Chip H.

Hi,
thats what I did for the text. But how to track the language of the user? I cant only use locale name because if he switch from english to french, I must remember it...

Don't remember it. Always pull the culture identifier off the HTTP header.

For a desktop app, never cache the CultureInfo. You should always query the current thread's culture information, as they could go to the control panel while the app is running and change stuff.

Chip H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back