Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Language problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobPouwelse

Technical User
Nov 19, 2001
NL
Hello,

I have a problem where the crystal report developer displays the right language on its reports (Dutch) and the crystal report server displays those same reports in English or US language.

For example, the Dutch notation of a date would be 20/10/2005 (20th of September 2005) whereas the English or US notation would be 10/20/2005 (20th of September 2005)
Is there any way to force the server to use the dutch notation without having to change all the reports that use a date from a normal date field to a formula field which takes the day + month + year + dayoftheweek and changes it to dutch notation manually.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you still have trouble, try checking File > Option > Fields for date.

You can also enclose dates in formula fields, which also allows null to be handled. E.g.
Code:
if isnull({your.date})  then "No date set" 
                                 else ToText({your.date}, "dd/MM/yyyy")

Incidentally, dd/mm/yy is the UK norm. mm/dd/yy is only used in the USA, as far as I know.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Yes, that should work. First i'm trying to get it done through changing settings in and around BOExi. If i cant get this to work tomorrow i'll definately try this suggestion.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back