Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Landscape Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoomis

Programmer
Jul 8, 2003
US
I am using Fox Prox 2.6a for DOS and I am trying to design a report that has some elements that will print landscape. Is this even possible to do?

You can use control codes to print a page at a time landscape, then reset it to portrait if need be but individual items, like rotated text, you will have to do a little more work to get.
Do a keyword search in this forum though. I know there have been some posts on using some different types of fonts with FPD.

-Dave S.-
[cheers]
Even more Fox stuff at:

The whole report needs to be printed in landscape. Please clarify Control codes. I have no experience working with these. Thanks

DOS, unlike Windows, has no default printer drivers. FP DOS, provided a set of printers with their 'control characters' that you could use in the FPD's report writer. If you write your report using @SAY, or ?? ... commands, then you'll need to supply the control characters to set the report characterisics.

Since FPD was last updated in July of 1994, there aren't many 'current' printers defined. If you installed the complete FPD 2.6, then go to \GOODIES\PDRIVERS. You just need to update the P_CODES.DBF and rebuild the GENPD.APP. You'll obviously also need all the printer dependent information, which the specific printer documentation (or manufacturer) should be able to supply.

Rick

All the printers that are needed are set up to print and work fine. However I want a certain report to print in landscape. Is there a way to configure the report file to landscape format?

You might want to look at:
thread182-590271

Good Luck,

JRB-Bldr
VisionQuest Consulting
Business Analyst & CIO Consulting Services
CIOServices@yahoo.com

You'll need to create a new "printer" that is set up in Landscape mode and then switch to it.

Rick

This works on our HP Laserjet4 printers. Your specific printer may have different codes. It forces the printer to use a smaller font, tighter line spacing and landscape orientation. (if I remember all the codes properly)

First we run the report to a file, then send the control codes to the printer then send the created file to the printer and finally reset the printer to its default mode.

Hope it helps.

report form xxx to file xxx.txt
??? chr(27)+'&l1O' && landscape
??? chr(27)+'(s0p16.67h8.5v0s0b0T'
??? chr(27)+'&l8.8D'
!type xxx.txt >prn
??? chr(27)+'E' && normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back