Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

landscape and portrait in single report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garfunkel41

Technical User
Aug 20, 2003
I want to have a single report with two landscape pages and two portrait pages. Is this possible? All the research I've done points toward the negative, but I have yet to find a definitive answer.

I know in Microsoft Word you can simply add section breaks and change the page orientation for sections. Is there anything similar in Access for reports?

If this is not possible, is there a way of rotating a subform? (i.e., my main form is in landscape and my subform is in portrait--can I rotate the subform so that it prints in a portrait form?)

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." -Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM

You should be able to define each of the orientations as seperate reports, inserting the second one as a subreport into the first. Insert a page break before the subreport.

Formatted properly, it will seem like one physical report to the user. I've never had the need to do this, but it should work.....

Hoc nomen meum verum non est.

I tried that and the subreport printed out in landscape orientation although its own orientation was portrait.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." -Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM

No. The report gets set to the printer as a single job, using one printer and one orientation (as defined in the DevMode of the main report). You can only do this using embedded PostScript controls, which is not really via Access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back