Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Landscape AND Portrait in CR 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandpp

Programmer
Sep 17, 2003
AU
Hi there.

This is a long shot, but I thought it was worth asking.

I've done a decent search, and I can see that lbass says several times that it can be done in CR 2008, which I am using, but, doesn't elaborate.

I have 2 version of a report, Summary & Detail. The Summary is in Portrait, whilst the Detail is in Landscape.

Now, the user wants to only have 1 report in the menu & to be able to choose either Summary or Detail. Easy enough to do via sub-reports, BUT, I can't figure how to make the paper orientation change.

Anyone had any luck with getting this to work at all?

Thanks,

Peter.

I don't have CR 2008, but I think you can format individual sections to be a certain orientation, so what you might do is have two summary sections (group headers?)--one that is for the summary view, and one for the detail view, and then format each to a different orientation and conditionally suppress them based on the view. Just a guess.

-LB

Thanks LB, spot on.

On the Paging tab in Section Export, bottom of the tab, there's a section titled Orientation.

In there you have 3 options, Default, Portrait & Landscape.

So, all that is required is to put each sub-report in a separate section, then change the orientation of each section as required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back