Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lana, XP, Ctlsvr and more 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

drobertson

Technical User
Jun 4, 2009
I have Aloha 6.4.2
Win XP pro
My network card stopped working. I installed a new PCI adapter. I can see the terminals from my File Server but I get the error when windows desktop comes up "Failed to register station name, error ncb_lana_num field invalid"

I have read on several threads about changing the lana number from 1 to 0. I run "lanacfg selananumber 1 0" and I barely see a dos screen pop up and then it is gone quickly.

Even though I can see the terms in network, I can't login to aloha without it telling me ctlsvr disconnected, retry?

The key is in. That hasn't changed. I took out my wireless dongle and rebooted to see if that helped but it is still giving me this error.

Running in redundancy and need to get back up and running so I can refresh this damn thing.

Thanks in advance!

lanacfg is a dos program.

You open a dos window first.

type in:

lanacfg showlanapaths <enter>
this will display all adapters and their lana numbers

if you see one with 0 then you will need to change it to another number that is not being used lets use 9 for an exaple.

do this by typing in:
lanacfg setlananumber 0 9 <enter>

check it:

find the new adapter description in the list - lets say its 5:

lanacfg setlananumber 5 0 <enter>

check it:

type in:
exit <enter>

reboot computer.

Great, I got it back up and the lana numbers are fixed.

I still can't get my terms out of redundancy though. I have done fileserver recovery several times and it is not working.

I can see the terms from my BOH comp but for some reason they aren't talking. I copied and pasted the data files into the BOH and the sales summary and all that good stuff are there. The EDC is NOT coming in though. I saw the EDC file on term 1 and it has 124 spl transactions/files. How do I get them to come over?

Any thoughts on how to get the terms to talk to the BOH as well? I have turned them both off and waited for one at a time to come on but no go.

Gracias-D.

Basically it sounds like your lana number is still incorrect or you didn't get the IP correct. Check the network settings on a terminal. Open network card and check the status - make sure the subnet is the same. Usually an IP scheme woud go
192.168.1.100 - server
192.168.1.101 - TERM1
192.168.1.102 - TERM2

SUBNET 255.255.255.0

check an existing terminal for the settings.

Verify if read/write network connection exists between the FOH terminals and the file server's BOOTDRV share exists.

1. Create a txt file from the server on the terminal's bootdrv share and save it.

2. Create a txt file from the terminal to the servers bootdrv share nd save it.

3.Check the lana number for the network card assigned to Aloha is configured on the BOH.

4.Check the lana number for the network card assigned to Aloha is configured on the terminal.

5. Check the IP address and subnet on the file server and IP and subnet on the FOH terminals are properly configured

6. Verify if the SERVER, IBERROOT, TERMSTR, IBERDIR and variables have the same values on the file server and terminals. Open a dos prompt on the terminal and BOH type in SET then enter. Check the listed variables above.

Check debouts on the terminals

Most of the same issues will cause EDC not to come out of spooling mode.

If EDC is not automatically processing spooled credit cards, check

Verify if the TERMSTR and IBERROOT system environment variables on the EDC server are assigned to the correct value.

When EDC Server initializes, it lists the terminals paths it is scanning in the DEBOUT.EDC, so verify that EDC Server is scanning the correct paths to reach the terminals.

Verify if the EDC server has proper network connectivity and permissions to scan FOH terminals for spooled credit cards.

Verify if SPOOLING files actually exist in the Aloha application software EDC folder on one or more FOH terminals.

In 2K and XP the BOH may not be able to access the FOH terminal to process the SPOOLING or SPL files because the EDC system account, Make sure the EDC services and the terminals are logging in with the same username and password.

Review the Debugging-Output-Files (debouts) on the terminals for further causes. Refer to document ID 6104 for more information on debouts.

If you turn on EDC and the Spooling files do not automatically start processing. Turn off EDC again and

1. make a backup of your EDC folder on the master terminal that is storing the spl files. Right click on folder - copy and paste.

then paste in the \aloha\edc folder -
open a dos command prompt window and browse to the \aloha\edc folder
usually c:\aloha\edc <enter>
type in ren *.spl *.req <enter>
type in exit <enter>

Turn on EDC processing
your request files should start processing and the dollar amounts will begin to increase as each card is processed.

I'm working on my laundry list. First thing I noticed. Term1 is not master/server right now and it shows me a lana=0

Term2 is master/server and tells me "lanacfg is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" everytime I enter lanacfg showlanapaths.

The IP Paths are good on both terminals. I can ping the BOH from the FOH and vice versa.

and when I go to run the EDVSVR.exe it is telling me "the service process could not connect to the service controller

un-register / reguster aloha files - located in the aloha directory. 2 batch files that will reset the registery values on the boh fileserver.

just open un-register "usually Register_iber_6_4_?????
and the open Register_iber_6_4_???? file.

reboot computer - check services to see if ctlsvr and edcsvr are started.

Progress... I think. I can see the BOH from term 1 and 2. Term 2 can see both and so can and they all ping. But the TERM2 when it is looking for the filserver now has the white screen that says "updating local copy of 2010821" and reboots itself. After it reboots itself it goes looking for the file server again but can't find it. I get that the 20100821 is the file from that date that is stated spooling. I copy and pasted it into ALOHABOH, should I delete it from that terminal now? I have it on a flashdrive as well.

The EDC is telling me it failed to initialize port though when I try to test a CC on it in the BOH. When I go to EDVSVR.exe it tells me it cannot connect with the controller but the CTLSVR is fine...

A mojito and dinner at The Melting Pot closest to you if you can help me figure this crap out for dinner shift tomorrow:)

I will get with you sometime today, sorry can't leave numbers or emails on site -- I will do a goto meeting and leave the meeting ID on this site for you to join with me. I don't have a specific time yet but sometime between 12:00 and 1:00 central time.

faaabulous. I did get my computers up! I turned them off last night, came in this morning and still saw that damn 20100821 file in ALOHA, removed it and they came up roses. I have my computers talking so my day is off to a good start.

EDC still isn't playing nice though:)

My computers are talking now but my EDC still won't pull over automatically. I have to go into the OFFLINE file and cut and paste them and then rename them to get them to the edc processor.

Everytime I click on edcsvr.exe it tells me it cannot connect to the controller.

All of the sudden my mag card reader isn't "initialized" either since i got the computers online...

thoughts?

Aloha EDC must log in the same as the terminals.
Right click on computer goto manage, select services, srevices, right click on edcsvr.exe goto properties, check the login, if it's local system account or tied to an aloha account. It should be aloha and have a password the same as the terminals are logging into.

Mag cards in 6.4 are opos only. Open Aloha manager - select maintenance, hardware, terminals. On radiant terminals make sure radiant terminals are selected in the type not clone.

Under the MSR tab select Opos and type in MsMsr - refresh twice.

should fix ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back