Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LAN okay, Internet kerplooey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiss1978

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2003
US
I have a computer that has the best of me. I cannot figure out what is wrong with it. it will get on the local network just fine. but it will not get out onto the internet. all of the numbers are correct between the computer and the server. I believe it is a setting or something inside the computer itself but I cant seem to find it. There is no proxy server involved.

Can you ping the internal interface of your Internet gateway?

Is the default gateway you have configured the Internet gateway? If not does the default gateway have a route to the Internet gateway?

There is a problem with some current Dell servers that have a DRAC card installed, since Dell chose to use Remote Access to communicate with their remote management card.

If you have a Dell server, that cannot get to the internet, and the internet access is by way of a proxy, then you need to do this:

Search for a file installed on the Dell server called lanpatch.reg. Run it. Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back