Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lan connection is corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

krissie

Programmer
Aug 6, 2002
BE
my lan connection is corrupt and i can't get any connectioen thru my adsl modem router.
they said i sould remove the lan connection and re install

but i can't remove the lan connection

any suggestions

Use device manager to uninstall the network adapter relevant to the connection, restart, and re-install with fresh drivers.

seems maybe a stupid question
bur when i look in the list of software i don't find any name linked to a network adapter.

i searched for Realtek rtl family e...etc

You wont find it there....

Try these steps...

1. Right click on My Network Places and select properties. Then choose repair. If that doesnt resolve your problem try the next procedure.

2. Right click on My Computer and select properties. Select the hardware tab then the device manager button. Expand network adapters and right click the realtek adapter. Choose uninstall and confirm. Reboot and XP will find new hardware. If you can don't use the driver it finds (it may be corrupt), point it to your installation cd for the network adapter.

This will re-install the adapter and therefore the lan connection too.

If the above does not work... change the cable, it could be defective...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

tx
stupid - the cable change has done it

greets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back