Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lamp not lighting up do to Power outage on phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ylor

MIS
Aug 16, 2001
US
Hello,
Yesterday we had a power outage and now the lamp on the phones are not lighting up anymore when my users get a message. Any idea what I can do to make it light up again.
My swith is a Definity G3si R6 and runnning an Intuity Audix voice messaging.

Sounds like you may need to clear MWI on the PBX.
I've had the opposite happen (message lights won't go out) after a prolonged power outage.

Try "clear amw all" - if you're sure none are working...
(works on a G3R - been a long time since I've played with an si)

You may also want to run the voice mail box audix on the Audix. It will help in syncing up the message lights. Hope this helps.

Chris

Thanks guys. I totally forgot about the clear amw.

Clausen what do you mean when you say run the voicemail box on the audix to help sync it up?

On the Intuity if you audit the voice mail boxes it will fix most of the message light problems.

Here is an easier way to do it though!

If you busy out and release the link between the Definity and the Audix when the link comes back up it will audit all the voice mail boxes and clean up all the message light status. Saves a LOT of time if you have a great deal of VM boxes out of sync. Hope this helps.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back