Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lagacy OWA double login

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlchris2

Technical User
Mar 18, 2005
US
I messed with HTTP redirects (to avoid the issues with a new URL as well as help with the transition on our 30 smart phones) and afterward, when a exchange 2003 user logs in they get a double login. Prior to me changing IIS settings, it was just a single login. Exchange 2010 OWA user get a single login.

More detail...

Internally, its just a double login, regardless of which browser you use (IE 8 or Firefox 3.6).

Externally, logins from Firefox produce a double login for exchange 2003 users and that is it. If you use a IE (7 or 8) after the first login attempt a login box is returned with the following;

username: "mail.domain.com\username"
password: <empty>

This login prompt keeps comming up no matter what and I cant login. I eventually get a "403 - Unauthorized Access is denied due to invalid credentials" error.

In testing, if I go straight to the legacy.domain.com url and login as a 2003 users, I get a single login.

Any ideas?

*Can I re-run some shell command to fix? If so, can someone point me to the correct command?

*Why when I login externally, does IE return the "domain\user" prompt and not let me in? I believe its getting this from Exchange 2010 config somewhere.

I do appreciate all the help with my transition, I've posted several times over the last few days. It's very much appreciated.

Mark C.

maybe an idea to recreate the owa and ecp directorys...

Open the exchange managment shell and enter the below.

Remove-OwaVirtualDirectory -Identity “owa (default Web site)”

Then

Remove-ECPVirtualDirectory -Identity “ecp (default Web site)”

Then

New-OwaVirtualDirectory

Then

New-ECPVirtualDirectory

this will recreate the owa directory with the standard permissions/ settings etc.

Allen White MCSE,MCSA,MCITP,MCTS,CCA,CCSP,VCP
IT Problems? the fix may be here

thanks AW,

that fixed the internal double login problems with Firefox, but didnt resolve nothing else.

...still searching...

Mark C.

got this figured out. I just went through and had the redirection setup wrong.

Mark C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back