Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanJones

Programmer
Oct 18, 1999
GB
I've written a access database control program in VB5 but now need to add a label print routine. Does anyone know of an easy way to do this rather than write a complicate print routine?<br>
<br>
Alan

Alan,<br>
<br>
Maybe I am suggesting the obvious, but have you looked at the Label Wizard in Access/Reports?

Alan, This is propbably not what you want to here, but VB6 has a great Report Wizard that will let you create reports and probably labels too.<br>
I always wonder if I should upgrade to the next version. Been wandering since VB 1.0 in 1992<br>
Then when I do, I wander why I waited so long.<br>
Upgrade you'll be glad you did.<br>
Otherwize I hope you like writing code.<br>
<br>
<br>

Doug - tell me you're not still writing in VB1? !!!!! <p>Mike Lacey<br><a href=mailto:Mike_Lacey@Cargill.Com>Mike_Lacey@Cargill.Com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>

No I have VB6 Pro now<br>
I am laughing as I'm writing this.<br>
I've actually been a Basic man since QBasic in Dos 2.0 back in 1986<br>
I left DOS when Win 3.0 came out.<br>
<br>
I upgraded through all of the VB's as they came out.<br>
<br>
<br>

Doug, I assume you're laughing because you went forward and never looked back. We should never forget the advantages of the &quot;primitive&quot; technology we shelved as soon as an easier, more advanced technology became available.<br>
Case in point: I recently wrote a utility in Quick Basic 4.5 designed to password protect a floppy. I can't begin to imagine a way to do the same thing with VB6.0.<br>
Alan can write a program to print labels with any version of VB (if by no other means, lay out a collection of boxes on a form, populate them with the values in selected records and send the form to the printer).<br>
It may take a great deal more work but one thing is certain: Alan will be simply ectstatic when he finally upgrades and finds a killer ocx to perform the same task with a click of the mouse.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back