Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Label printing -- printed quantity of each label based on field data....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modem80

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2016
US
I created mailing labels to be used as labeling for special order products. I need the number of each label to print to be based on the quantity of a field in my data. I found this thread ( ) but am a novice to Crystal Reports and do not understand where to begin with creating a table. I cannot find where in Crystal Reports that I can create a table.

I am using Crystal Reports 11

Thanks!

You can create the table in Excel. Label a column, e.g., "#" and then use the fill function to create a numeric series in the column, 1- 20 for example. Then do a >= join, "enforce both", FROM your {table.qty} field TO the Excel {table.#}.

-LB

I’m not sure what the issue is—whether you are using the wrong driver for the Excel spreadsheet or there is a logon required for security reasons. Maybe someone else can jump in on that issue.

Alternatively, if you have a table of any type within the primary database you are using that has consecutive numbers, you can use that table instead of an Excel spreadsheet.

If the numbers don’t start at one, but instead for example, 1023, you can add the table in a command and create a field within the command that translates the ID field by subtracting, e.g., 1022 from it. Then use that as your linking field when you add the command to the report.

-LB

Just remember that there was a big change going from versions prior to Excel 2007. Excel 2007+ requires and ODBC with the correct Excel driver from Miorosoft.

1) That error may be due to a recent Microsoft update I wrote about here:

2) There are several ways to add an "inflation table" to a report. See these links for examples and explanations:

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back