Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Label printing in 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIMS

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
I want to order some custom forms that have a 3x4 label at the bottom. I am printing a packing list and would like the return address and ship to address to print on the label. How can I control this information to always have it print in the correct location? Sometimes the packing list is a couple of lines or a couple of pages. I have currently been trying to have the label at the bottom. Perhaps it would be better to have the label at the top?

It sounds as though you have 2 distinctly different formats to print.

Your description leaves a good deal to the imagination, perhaps an example of what you propose it to look like is in order.

So each page will have a label? Placing it at the top makes more sense to me, as you don't need to be concerned with how many lines are printed, and using a print at bottom of page.

If a group is used (say by customer), thn it shouldn't really matter as you can format the group footer or header to print at the bottom of the page.

-k

I put the information into the page footer and that looks like it will work. My sample has only one line of data in the body of the report and is generating a second page with only header and footer printing. How do I stop this unless there is data to flow onto a second page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back