Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Label or txtField internal spacing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCG4LOM

Technical User
Jul 10, 2003
US
Is there a way to change the line spacing inside of a label or text box of a report? Some fields have several sentences that wrap around, need to get some white space in there...

Thanks!

Have you set the Can Grow/Can Shrink properties for the textbox to Yes. This will allow the box to grow (or shrink) vertically so that you maintain some readability. If you have and that doesn't help post back.

Paul

If you want the text box to grow a little beyond what it would normally grow, then add Chr(13) & Chr(10) to the control source.
=[MyField] & Chr(13) & Chr(10)
Make sure the name of the control is not the name of the field. The above expression will add an extra row.

Duane
MS Access MVP

Hello, thanks for the tips, but I guess I didn't express myself well enough. The size of the fields are okay, there is plenty of space after the text is finished, I would just like to have the text spaced further apart between the lines.

What I want to do is to change between single spaced and double spaced like in a word document.

I hope this makes sense, thanks again!

I recent versions of Access, there is a Line Spacing property of text boxes in reports.

Duane
MS Access MVP

Oh, how silly of me!

I can't believe I overlooked that, but thank you for pointing that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back