Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Label on Form causing screen to flash when mouse scrolls over it 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDMRDM

Programmer
Apr 9, 2007
US
I have a form where I put a label to explain what a field is. Problem is, when I run my mouse over this label, it causes my form/screen to flash. Each time I scroll over it, it does this. I am not clicking, just moving my mouse over it. This does not happen when I go over List or Combo boxes. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks in advance.

Are your labels put on a tab control?. If so you have to convert all your labels to text boxes. Its a pain, but that's Microsofts answer to the problem.

My label is not tied to a tab when I check the properties and tab order. When I view the properties, I don't even see where I can change it to text. The only thing I do notice is when I add the label, a little pop up tells me that "This is a new label and is not associated with a control". Thanks for your help.

The little popup message box saying a label is not associated to a control is new to me, what version of Access are you using?

Have you PLACED a Tab Control on your form, ie selected one from the toolbox? The only problem I have seen with mouse movements over labels causing them to flicker is when there is a Tab Control on the form.

I had just updated to 2007 from 2000 and noticed this problem also.

Remou, Your link was the perfect fix. It beats the tar out of changing everything to textboxes manually.

Thanks...

Thanks Remou, wish I had found your link when I had the problem, I did it all manually. Have a star from me. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back