Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

L700 connected to a McData ED-6064 Director

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuka

Technical User
Jul 6, 2001
US
Earlier I requested info about a L700 fiber connection.

I would like to ask another question.
Can the L700 be connected into a McData Ed-6064 Director?

Thanks

I haven't looked for the previous question, but I'm also interested in the the answer to this question. Why can't the L700 be connected to a 6064?.

Curious!
Brian.

This will depend on the Fibre card you purchased from STK. The older models (Time of this post) will only login to the fabric as a public loop device. The McData 6064 director is Fabric only. You would need to purchase a McData ES1000 loop bridge to use the library.

Thats interesting.

We're in the process of purchasing an L700e which will be connected to our SAN (all McData). Our core is multiple Connectrix DS-64M(McData 6064) and we will be purchasing an edge switch (again McData, probably 24port) specifically for tape/backup host connectivity.

StorageTek had responsibilty of ensuring compatability and have assured us that the L700e is compatible with our environment.

I'll note the public loop note.

Thanks.

If EMC is going to place a McData 24 port switch into the SAN, then the L700 will work. the McData 4500 can run both fabric and loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back